Submitted by: Chi with Bosley
What you need:
- 2 cardboard boxes (3” x 4” x 5”) and (2” x 3” x 5”)
- Cardboard piece (5” x 4”)
- 2 each yellow, red and white pipe cleaners
- 1 Green pipe cleaner
- White, brown and red paint
- Tissue paper (red, yellow, orange)
- Brown paper
What you do:
1. Cut out one side of your 3” x 4” x 5” box.
2. Glue that box in the center of the 5” x 4” cardboard piece so that the open side faces you.
3. Glue the 2” x 3” x 5” box on top of the 1st box in the center positioning it upward.
4. Draw single bricks on the top box. These will become your red bricks
5. Paint the single bricks red. Let dry.
6. Paint white the cardboard piece (at the bottom of your fireplace), the top of the 1st box, and the top of the 2nd box. Let dry.
7. Cut four 2 ½” lengths of yellow pipe cleaner.
8. Secure them in place at the top and bottom by using the second yellow pipe cleaner, leaving them about 1” apart. This will be your shield.
9. Paint the rest of the fireplace brown. Let dry.
10. Cut out logs from the brown paper.
11. Glue bits of tissues paper to the backs of the logs. This will be your fire.
12. Glue the fire inside the bottom box.
13. Glue the shield in the opening in front or your fire.
14. Twist one red pipe cleaner around one white pipe cleaner. Cut in half. Glue the halves in the two back corners of the chimney.
15. Twist the last white and red pipe cleaners together. Form an arch big enough to cover fireplace opening.
16. Glue the green pipe cleaner and glue it around the chimney. It should look like garland.
Have your whole Webkinz family snuggle in front of this cozy fireplace on Christmas Eve!