~designergirl101′s School of Lovely Design~

Home Forums Tips and Tricks – Archives ~designergirl101′s School of Lovely Design~

This topic contains 192 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  designergirl101 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Hello and welcome to designergirl101′s School of lovely Design. I have 2 popular design forums and noticed how many want help designing rooms. So I have decided that yes I will still do your rooms but I can also teach you how to design a great room. We will cover issues such as how to decide on a great color scheme and how many colors are too many? We will discover how to mix patterns,work on a budget and the importance of a well balanced room, plus much, much more.!

Hi designergirl101! I’m a good friend of Snowflake Pup Queen, and she told me that there are four spots available here. :D I also like designing. What do I do, are there any requirements, and can I join please? Happy New Year!~Schweetz

613dolphin

I was going to invite you over, but you logged out before I got the chance… I’ll try to invite you over later!

Okay thanks, I will be leaving for a month on the 11th I will post four assignments for those months. I didn’t know about it till the 31st. But I will make sure classes and my design forums go on in my absence.

613dolphin

Room Design Essay
      I think it’s important to consider how the room will be used, and who will use it. If it’s a kitchen, it should obviously have all the appliances you need for it.
      Personality is a huge factor for room designing. I think that’s good way how you should get your color scheme. Or you could base it off of their PSI or their coat colors, or a single piece of furniture. But personality should always be factored in for what you pick.
      In real life, functionality factors in a lot too, but cloud beds are just fine to sleep on if you’re a Webkinz. ;)
      Balance is a key part of room design. Clutter isn’t good for rooms. Furniture placement, having an idea in your head, and only keeping what fits is a way to help it to be balanced.
      I think it’s important to use what you like, and always look to improve. But getting stuck on one thing too long isn’t a good idea.

Before I start the essay my next post for the room will be the example. Essay: I have a couple of important fundamentals for design. When creating a room these fundamentals are important. The first important step is what is the room? Next starting to get some fundamentals is knowing what colours. Why it is important is because you can save a lot of money knowing specific colours. Another important fundamental is lay out. Then you can make alters to it. For a tip: I recommend having an Idea of the room size.

Essay: I have a couple of important fundamentals of room design. The first is planning an idea in your head. Why I say that is because if you have a basic format then you have an idea to create the room (I will show an example design.) Next is colour scheme. Colour scheme is a pretty big importance for what your doing. It makes the mood of the room (for example if you have an all dark room it makes it feel gloomy,) it is important to find the right colours to avoid unnecessary gloominess, or to bright and way perky. Colour scheme is important and involves the perfect placement. You can’t have half a room decorated and the other half plain. You need to have it set up the way you want it without it looking bare. If the room looks empty go for a smaller room, as to the fact that it will fit much better.- Snow

The forum ‘Tips and Tricks – Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.