~designergirl101′s School of Lovely Design~

Home Forums Tips and Tricks – Archives ~designergirl101′s School of Lovely Design~

This topic contains 192 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  designergirl101 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Hello and welcome to designergirl101′s School of lovely Design. I have 2 popular design forums and noticed how many want help designing rooms. So I have decided that yes I will still do your rooms but I can also teach you how to design a great room. We will cover issues such as how to decide on a great color scheme and how many colors are too many? We will discover how to mix patterns,work on a budget and the importance of a well balanced room, plus much, much more.!

queste

Hey, I decided that a class might be beneficial to me after all. Something with making plain rooms less plain would be lovely. Thanks. ~queste <3

Okay I can do that, maybe I can also suggest some classes based on your webkinz rooms in the future.

webkinzangel

Hey, it’s angel, sorry I took so long to reply but I can’t start classes until next week, anytime though starting tuesday is good for me. (long story that has to do with bedrooms is why)

Okay that works fine with me. I will hope to see you on webkinz kinzchat+ if that would work. Mornings as well as afternoons and evenings are fine with me, however schedules are not. So I will hope that we are both on at the same time. My schooling is very unstructured to be frank, so I am not going to have any kind of schedule or anything. I mean it sorta ruins the fun, and I want this to be fun. Well hope to ya soon

Hafpizza I dont think you want to do classes if you don’t just tell me! We dont have quick enough posting to schedule classes so we can not do that anymore! I am sorry if this sounds rude I am sorta wondering why you don’t do classes when we are both on.

Half Pizza we are both on lets do class!

Okay @bostonterriersrule, I know you wanted to take a course on color so what I am going to do is post tips and tricks on color schemes and homework here, this will be our new system. We will start will a question that is commonly asked and get a answer. How do I create a color scheme? Well for me there are many ways of doing so. I could never pick the most important way because this is not a basic rule. However a do think finding a item that speaks to you, or that you have to work with is a way to get a jump start of a color scheme. Like if I had a I dream in Pink Piano, then it would be realistic for me to assume the scheme would include pink. Does that make sense? Now you might say “yes, but I don’t want a all pink color scheme but now we will focus on: How do I design color pallets when starting with a single color? My favorite way to do this is the color wheel so to speak. You know how they say opposites attract? Well its in a way almost like that using the color wheel! So if I am trying to find I color to match my pink I might look for green or blue, which are? Opposites! Another thing is the color right next to it. Like purple! So the color scheme would end up being Pink, Green or Blue and Purple ! I would only use 3 colors max. That’s why I said Green or Blue not both unless we get rid of the purple but we will discuss this later when we learn:How many colors are too many? Okay so homework: (we will work on the same room all throughout this course) Design a color pallet with the objects we focused on today! Using all the tips! Cant wait to see the results and Thanks!

Thanks so much (I have that piano BTW so expect to see that) and the part where you said “Now you might say “yes, but I don’t want a all pink color scheme” I Literally was thinking exactly that! Thanks so much I’ll design that room now. I’ll friend you on webkinz right now.~ BTR Out!

actually I may do something other than the piano.

Oh ya that’s fine it does not have to be the piano! I hope I did not come off like it had to be, because it does not. That was my example so i would really rather have you do something different.

alright so I made my room. Color Scheme~ Dark Red (almost a burgundy)(?)(or maroon) (well you get the idea), Dark green, and Dark blue, with dark brown wood and gold accents. I used the wizard theme. I based it off of Fluffington’s antique armchair. I used; enchanted chest, wise wizard bookshelf, fluffington’s antique armchair, magical dreams bed, abracadabra candelabra, ponytail palm, golden mahogany dining chair, Daedalus dining table, Daedalus dining chair (x4), wizard side table, lucky horseshoe fireplace, detective desk, superintendent’s office window (not really sure bout that one (I might remove it)), Webkinz day year 7 group print, the key to kinzville, kinzville times first edition. Well that is everything I used in the room, I’m really looking forward to hearing what you think. BTW If you want to know the layout let me know and I can post it here or we can meet in webkinz world and you could see it. ~ BTR out!

Maybe me seeing it would work better it sounds great however I am bit concerned on the amount of non wshop items I thought I had stated before that there should only be 2. Unless that did not go through or I forgot or something. I will let it slip this time but would prefer that it does not happen again. Are we friends? If not I am boxcarchild.

Hey DG, No I must not have seen the thing where you said only 2 non w-shop items. It won’t happen again (How about I remove the stuff from the wall and find some thing new that way I will only have 3 non w-shop items? I just have a lot of Items I want to use somewhere) Do you have a time that would work best to see it? (yes we are friends)

Oh gosh, that is way to funny! I hope you have fun…. that piano is super cute btw.

The forum ‘Tips and Tricks – Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.