GanzWorld & Webkinz Newz

Home Forums Ask Questions GanzWorld & Webkinz Newz

This topic contains 1,536 replies, has 614 voices, and was last updated by  bellalovesanimals 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

webkinzworld
    Key Master

scribs101

Hi, i was going to put this on the suggestion area but the last post was a year ago, so i dont know how often it is checked, so it thought i would post this here instead. let me say, i am so happy that we can now move rooms, but i have a few suggestions to make the feature better! for people who’s homes are too big to fit in the map rectangle and they need to use the arrows to find rooms, its hard to organize a new house layout. what would be a nice feature is the ability to zoom in and out on the map, like we can in the rooms, that way we can see just a little bit more. and while i understand there can be no “islands” in the house, i wish the rooms wouldnt adjust by themselves when an island is made – it also makes organizing difficult. instead, how about a pop up appears that says “you have island. if you exit now, all progress will be lost. are you sure you want to exit?” that way nothing moves on its own, and you can’t keep your changes if

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

opossumboy

I agree, I can’t find many of my rooms. It is hard to use the arrows, I get lost. There are the free rooms I got for adopting and they were put in real bad locations. Now my map is so big, I can’t figure out how to re arrange them.

If any Ganz employees see this, I have a question that I need answered ASAP please. So lately, whenever I check Webkinz Newz on mobile, if I’m on the site for longer than 30 seconds, it will suddenly transfer me to “Amazon” (aka, is actually a fake Amazon site), and say “Congratulations! You’ve won a free $500 gift card!” and then go on to say click here to claim your reward. I spoke with quite a few other webkinz newz users about this, and they claim that they receive the same popups on mobile as well. However, as I continued to use Webkinz Newz more frequently on mobile, the popups started coming from more.. malicious sites? They also started appearing faster than the fake Amazon ads did, and claimed that they were infecting my device with viruses (which was false, thank goodness). If y’all could possibly fix this issue, I would highly appreciate it. I don’t really enjoy being bombarded with popups while using my favorite site, and seeing as how other people have been having these same problems, I’m sure they don’t enjoy it very much either. Thanks in advance. :)

Oh, one more thing that I almost forgot to mention; for some reason, these popups never show up on the browser version of Webkinz Newz, but always show up on the mobile version. Also, site on browser shows up as safe, but appears unsafe (or even dangerous) on mobile. I do hope this problem can be fixed. Much obliged. ~Lucky

sally
        Key Master

You and Taffy are the only ones that have reported any issues so far. It sounds like your phones already have some sort of adware/malware. Have you tried cleaning them?

sally
          Key Master

Also, please ensure that you’re using https://webkinznewz.ganzworld.com and not http://webkinznewz.ganzworld.com. If you’ve got it bookmarked from before we switched to https, you would be viewing an insecure version.

I have also been having this problem :o I’ve cleared my phone, blocked popup adds, etc. but they still seem to be coming up. It has also happened to a few of my friends. I took a screenshot every time the add popped up, so if you’d like I can email them to customer service. Hopefully there is a way to fix it.

TaffyKitty12

Hello! I dunno if this is the right place to put this, but I have a question for the GANZ team that I wanted to bring up. Over the past several months, I’ve been getting a strange influx of pop-up ads when I browse Webkinz Newz. One moment I’ll be reading or typing something, and the next, I get bombarded with an advertisement that tells me I’ve won a free smartphone or $1000 gift card (which I know is just a bunch of baloney), and it won’t let me proceed until press “ok”, which automatically directs me to their site. This never used to happen until earlier this year, and so far, this is the only site it’s ever occurred on. I can’t even use my phone for WKN anymore, as the advertisements have gotten so bad, one pops up almost every 10 seconds. I’ve tried everything: clearing my cache, deleting my browser history, and nothing has worked. My one friend, of whom I used to talk to on here a lot, says he can’t come on here anymore because he got a virus from one of the pop-ups, which caused severe problems…

TaffyKitty12

… on his device. It’s sad, because I really miss talking to him, but I also understand that he doesn’t want to get another virus. I love your guys’s site, and enjoy visiting it on an almost daily basis, but I’m worried that WKN might be somewhat insecure. I’m also worried that the pop-ups will eventually make their way onto the device I’m using now, which would render me unable to come onto this site. This brings me to my question: Is there any way you could fix the pop-up issue? I don’t know how often you update the site, but if you looked into this, I would most certainly appreciate it! I understand those things use tricky ways of sneaking into websites, and cannot always be prevented, but I’m unsettled by how many of them appear on this site. I’ve gotten hundreds upon hundreds of those things, and they’re quite annoying, not to mention potentially dangerous. I’m not the only one who’s experienced these things, as a lot of my other friends have had the same issue. ~~Thank you in advance! I hope this can get resolved soon.

sally
          Key Master

This sounds like your phone has adware or malware. Don’t know what would be triggering the cascade of pop-ups from this site, but you’ll probably want to try removing the malware from your phone.

Tertulia

Two questions about the KinzChat phone. First, what do the little gray numbers mean by a friend’s name? Second, I wanted to add more friends, but I couldn’t find a list of friends to choose from. When I clicked “add” it simply said type in your friend’s name. I don’t know anyone’s names. There used to be a list and you could click on friends and send them a Friend Request. I’m confused.

LabLover2014

The grey numbers are the amount of family score points that member has. Nowadays there isn’t such a list, and you have to know a person’s username. You could ask on the general forums if there’s anyone that’d like to friend you, I’m sure some people would be happy to :). Mine is the same as on here, LabLover2014, if you’d like to send me one ^-^

KateRocks

OK, so i’m not sure whether this is really fit for the topic, but I had a small question. I want to post a fan video to show of my LIL’ Webkinz Pet, but I don’t know how. Does anyone just happen to know. If you do, or think you do, please tell me!

LabLover2014

Hi there! I believe what you need to do is post a video of your pet via YouTube :). Put Webkinz in the title for sure. I’m not an expert on this topic, but that’s what I would do.

Comments are closed.