Places in Webkinz World

Home Forums Ask Questions Places in Webkinz World

This topic contains 617 replies, has 326 voices, and was last updated by  gdl2002 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

webkinzworld
    Key Master

Is there a reason that “Basement” is a “Bad room name”? I have a room, Nigel’s Storage Room, named way back when we could only choose room names from two pre-selected drop-down lists. Nigel’s Bedroom is a treetop room. His “Storage Room” is a medium room with Jungle Wallpaper and Flooring. I would like to rename this room to “Nigel’s Basement”. When I try to do this, I get an error message that says “Bad room name”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

sally
        Key Master

Unfortunately, our bad word filter is not sophisticated enough to determine context of a word, so any time a bad word appears in any form within another word, it will be blocked. Perhaps try Cellar?

Thanks Sally. Cellar worked. I understand the filter not being able to know context. It’s a bit confusing to me why “cellar” is allowed and “basement” is not. Seems to me that there’s very little difference between the definitions. I’m sure the WW team has their reasons though.

Hmm… This is not the reply I thought I submitted. I did write it, but I thought I re-wrote it before submission. What I meant to say after the first three sentences is something like this: I wonder if a good word list could be added to the bad word filter so that a good word, such as basement, I presume, could override the “bad word” “flag”. (I suppose that would be like an unless statement in coding.) (I know what you said about the filter not being that advanced. I guess I’m just wishing it could be “updated”.)

alucard

Sally Webkinz, I have a pet Snowman named “Snowball”, which was accepted as a name when I adopted this pet several years ago. But….when I tried to name his room as “Snowball’s Room”, that room name was denied. On another account, I have a pet rabbit that I named “Thumper” after the little rabbit in Disney’s “Bambi”. Again, that name was accepted when I adopted the pet. Again….when trying to name his room as “Thumper’s Room”, that name was denied! So…if Mrs. Birdy is okay with the names, WHY can’t we use them as room names? This issue really does need to be fixed. Maybe update to a more sophisticated word filter that is smarter and more forgiving than the one you have now. I truly understand why you have a word filter for the Pet’s name, but the room names? Since no one, but Ganz/Team Webkinz technicians and the owners of the pets, will see the ROOM name, why have a filter for the room names? Please allow us to name our rooms after the already approved ( by Mrs. Birdy) Pet names.

alucard

Sally Webkinz, is there a reason why some of our questions are never ever answered? I would really like to know WHY we can’t use our pet’s name, which are “approved” by Mrs. Birdy, but not be able to use the SAME name….as a room name. It’s a very annoying when trying to name our pets rooms. “Snowball” is a “good name” for a pet, but it is a “bad name” for the pet’s room. But….baseball…football…soccerball…are all “approved” and “accepted” names. Then, there is my pet Thumper. Named “approved”, but “Thumper’s Room” isn’t. Why is that?  If the “approval or disapproval” are left up to an out dated computer program, I suggest you get a new or or maybe hire real humans to check the names and “approve or disapprove” of them. The computer program isn’t making good judgement decisions here. NO ONE else but ME (and any Webkinz tech people), sees the names of my pet’s rooms! OR….let us rename our pets and their rooms when ever we need to do so. An answer about this issue would be appreaciated.

sally
              Key Master

Yes, there are limitations to the filter. We previously had dropdown menus where you could only select from the predefined options. I will pass your suggestion on

Back when… before Webkinz X, you used to be able to invite your friends over to your house. (The “Invite a Friend” button still exists on the KinzChat phone.) So, at one time, it was possible for other users to see your room names. I do agree WW could use a better filter for room names. You’re right, at least part of a better system may require some human review in the sense that a computer system would record attempted room names that were blocked by the filter and forward a certain number to a human for review.

CaseyCutie

I took most of the medallions that I had on all the available pets and put them all towards buying the english bunny, who I was going to name Thumper. And I got a message saying that the name “contains text that cant be used.” Why? I have seen far more offensive pet names in trading rooms, which I won’t say on a public page where a younger audience may see this, yet I can’t name this bunny, and so I’ve just waisted most of these medallions, which I took from pets who I was also hoping to adopt. Please help me. I’m so incredibly disappointed.

Akma

Hi, is there any way/tricks to finding the milkman in the park?

ghijkl789123

Not really. I pop by the park just about every hour to see if, by some chance, he is there! –same with Doug in the Clubhouse. Have fun

ems09

there used to be a place you could go and make some kind of profile. here you could make a “wish list” and choose from all the rare items, exclusive item, other stuff. Is this feature still around?

Chocomese

You mean My Page? I don’t remember exactly when it was shut down but its gone now. After the main My Page shut down there was still a little bit of it left but without most of the features and was way more like some simple profile page. Eventually that was removed too.

I haven’t seen the bad fairy on the computer version of Webkinz in a while, Is she still around and how often does she appear?

sayui

I’m trying to complete the challenge called “Keep in Touch.” One of the tasks is to “Play a game of Checkers at the Tournament Arena.” I’ve played many games, but the task isn’t marked as complete. I know that this has been a glitch in prior years. Could you please fix this, Webkinz? Thank you!

Comments are closed.