CONTEST RULES ONLY! PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR NAMES HERE!
NAME ME CONTEST
CONTEST OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND THE USA (some exclusions apply).
1. These are the official rules (“Rules”) for the Name Me Contest (the “Contest”) which is offered by Ganz (“Sponsor”). By entering, each entrant (“Entrant”) is deemed to agree with the Rules. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
2. The Contest begins on March 7, 2016 at 12 pm Eastern Time and ends on March 9, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Contest Submission Period”). To enter, post the name that you would choose for the Shiba Inu in the comment section here.
3. There are five prizes to be won: one (1) Grand Prize a plush Webkinz Shiba Inu and four (4) runner up prizes, each consisting of one virtual Webkinz Shiba Inu (each, a “Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $14.99 (CAD) and the approximate retail value of each runner up prize is $12.50 (CAD). The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number and quality of Entries received during the Contest Submission Period.
HOW TO ENTER:
4. The Entry must be original and may not contain material that violates or infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. The entry must not contain or be confusingly similar to any third party product names, brand names or trademarks. The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created ;
5. There is no limit on the number of Entries you may submit. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or invalid Entries. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the person registered to the account from which entries are received. Once you submit your Entry, you will be officially entered into the Contest. Entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Automated means of entry and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited and all such entries will be void.
6. By entering the Contest, you (and your parents/legal guardians, if you’re under 18 years of age) grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology (now known or later developed or devised) throughout the world. In addition, you waive any “moral rights” in those materials. You also represent that any materials submitted are original works and do not infringe the rights of any third parties. You also waive all recourse against the Sponsor, its partners, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and servants, and its advertising and promotional agencies relating to any prize or the Submission or participation in the Contest.
7. You agree that, by entering the Contest, you irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all right, title and interest in the Entry throughout the world, including, without limitation, all trademark rights, and you agree to execute any additional documents Sponsor may deem necessary to evidence or effectuate such assignment. Sponsor’s rights with respect to the Entry include, but are not limited to: (a) the exclusive right to use, publish, display or reproduce the proposed name on products, packaging, advertising for purposes of trade and any other lawful purpose; (b) the exclusive right to alter, revise or change the Entry in any way; (c) the exclusive right to secure trademark and copyright registrations and other rights in the entry anywhere throughout the world; (d) the exclusive right to license, exploit, sell, assign, or otherwise dispose of the entry or any of the said rights included therein for any purpose which Kodak may see fit; and (e) any and all subsidiary rights in the Entry.
8. This Contest is open to residents of Canada and the USA who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of Entry. If the participant is a child under the age of majority, his or her Entry must be submitted by his/her parent or legal guardian. Residents of the Province of Quebec, States of New York and Florida are excluded from participation in this Contest.
9. You are not eligible if you are an employee of Sponsor, its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies, advertising or promotional agencies or a member of the immediate family of any such employee. For these Rules, “immediate family” includes spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters, whether living in the same household or not.
10. Delivery of the Grand Prize will be to the address provided by the winning Entrant by April 10, 2016. The runner up prizes will be emailed to the email addresses provided by the winning Entrants by April 10, 2016.
11. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Grand Prize for prize component of equal or greater value.
12. All eligible Entries will be entered into the final prize draw, which will occur on March 10 (the “Final Draw Date”) in Toronto, Ontario at approximately 11:00 a.m. On the Final Draw Date, five (5) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Rules.
13. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
14. The Sponsor will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each selected Entrant (using only the information provided at the time of Entry) within twenty (20) business days of the Final Draw Date. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within three (3) attempts or twenty (20) business days of the Final Draw Date (whichever occurs first), or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then that selected entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
15. Before being declared a confirmed Winner, each selected Entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form.
17. By accepting the Prize, each winner (“Winner”) agrees that his/her Entry may be published on a website of the Sponsor and used in any of its future designs, advertising, promotions and public relations initiatives without consent, approval of further compensation. In addition, each Winner is deemed to agree to the use, without compensation, of his/her image, statements about the Contest, name and city of residence in any publicity campaigns related to the Contest or the Sponsor generally.
18. If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an Entrant or ownership of an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized holder of the Ganzworld account used at the time of Entry.
19. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
20. By entering this Contest, Entrants acknowledge that all Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may at its sole discretion select a number of Entries and post them on a website, as is, or as they may be edited in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
21. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, stolen, delayed, or postage-due Entries or damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of any website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from up-loading or down-loading any material in connection with the Contest.
22. Entries are subject to verification. Entries that are irregular, have been submitted through unapproved means, or which do not otherwise conform with or satisfy any or all conditions of these Rules will be void. By entering, each Entrant agrees to abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
23. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the Contest, the interpretation of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and federal laws applicable therein excluding any rule or principle of conflicts of law that may provide otherwise. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
24. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade marks, trade names, logos, web pages and promotional materials are owned by the Sponsor or its licensors. All rights are reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction of any intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
© 2016 Ganz. All rights reserved.