Sometimes it’s nice to have an Exclusive item for your plush pets to play with… have you ever made your own Strike-A-Posing plant? Check out these instructions from our archive.
What you need:
- 1 sheet green construction paper
- 8-9 sparkly green pipe cleaners
- 1 plastic cup
- 1 sheet brown construction paper
- 1 sheet paper towel
- 3/4 cup dirt (optional – for use in place of paper towel and brown paper)
- Adhesive tape or hot glue gun
What you do:
For the Pot:
- Trace the opening of the cup onto brown construction paper.
- Cut out the circle and cut a slit in the center.
- Put rumpled paper towel in the cup for support (or you can use dirt instead, if you prefer).
- If not using dirt, cover the top of the paper towel with brown construction paper.
For the Plant:
- Using green construction paper, draw the following shapes:
- 2 hands with 3 leaves each
- 1 skirt with at least 6 leaves
- 2 elbow leaves
- 1 neck leaf
- Cut out leaf shapes.
- Twist these pipe cleaners together to form the body:
- 2 for the main stem
- 2 for each arm (4 total), plus 1 for shoulders/upper arms
- 2 for the head, twisted into oval
- Tape or glue the leaves to the body.
- Slide the plant stem through the slit in the soil and stand the plant up in the cup.