This craft from our archives makes one sweet decoration!
What you need:
- 1lb Box of sugar cubes
- 1lb Powdered sugar
- ½ Tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Circle pattern (the size of a CD disk)
- Medium bowl
What you do:
- To make royal icing combine all ingredients in a medium bowl with whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Start by laying a base row of sugar cubes around your circle template, leaving space for the entrance.
- Using your royal icing sugar as “glue” add layers of cubes, one row at a time, decreasing the circumference as you build upwards staggering the cubes the way a builder lays bricks.
- Allow the igloo to dry completely.
Display your Sugar Igloo on a window ledge or on the table for everyone to enjoy it!
Do you have a great idea for a craft, recipe or party game? We’d love to hear them!
Gotta try this! So cute!
I like this SO much — it looks so cute and lots of fun!
I’d probably eat the bricks! LOL! It’s super cute — I might make one instead of a gingerbread house this year — you could put a lot of decorations on it and around it.
Super cute! I’m not sure if this would work or ruin it, but maybe spray it with a light shellac so it stays nice and so bugs won’t get into it!
That is one idea, or you could make it a centerpiece for a winter tea gathering. Then everyone could sweeten their tea with pieces of it! Two lumps please!
That looks awesome!
This is such a cute craft!