If your room needs a little brightening up, here’s a great project (it’s easy AND can be customized with all your favorite colors!)
What you need:
Large piece of foam core, fabric or scrapbook paper (enough to cover the cardboard), craft glue, ribbons (medium thickness), scissors, buttons, masking tape
What you do:
1. Cover one side of the foam core with paper or fabric (you can do this by wrapping the edges around the back of the foam core, and running a bead of glue along to secure it in place).
2. On the front of the foam core, lay out three pieces of ribbon running diagonally, from upper left to lower right.
3. Lay out three pieces of ribbon running diagonally, from lower left to upper right.
4. Starting with one piece of ribbon, wrap it around the back of the foam core and secure it in place. Continue securing the ribbon pieces in place. Make sure they’re tight against the front of the board.
5. Where the ribbon pieces cross, glue on a button.
6. Tuck pictures of your friends beneath the ribbons.
7. Run a piece of ribbon across the back of the foam core and secure in place with masking tape.
8. Hang your board on the wall!