This craft from our archives makes one sweet decoration!
What you need:
- 1lb Box of sugar cubes
- 1lb Powdered sugar
- ½ Tsp cream of tartar
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Circle pattern (the size of a CD disk)
- Medium bowl
What you do:
- To make royal icing combine all ingredients in a medium bowl with whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Start by laying a base row of sugar cubes around your circle template, leaving space for the entrance.
- Using your royal icing sugar as “glue” add layers of cubes, one row at a time, decreasing the circumference as you build upwards staggering the cubes the way a builder lays bricks.
- Allow the igloo to dry completely.