Hi everyone, Steve Webkinz here. Did you have an old Webkinz account that you were looking to get back? Well, read on and hopefully I can help!
Here are the important things you should know:
- Due to current online child privacy laws, we are legally required to delete any inactive accounts after 7 years. So it has been more than 7 years since you last logged in, it has been deleted and there is no way for us to restore your account.
- As of October 1st, 2019, we followed through on our planned USER AGREEMENT UPDATE announcement, part of which involved no longer archiving accounts. While large accounts with 10+ pets were automatically restored, the remaining smaller accounts were permanently deleted. You can read an FAQ about this new policy here.
- If it has been less than 7 years since your last login and you had a larger account that was possibly restored, but you can’t remember your login information, you’ll need to contact Customer Support. You can reach them via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: the Customer Support team can only respond to emails during regular business hours: from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm EST. They often get a high volume of requests (especially over weekends), so please be patient. Response times vary, but can sometimes be upwards of around 10 business days. Sending repeated requests every few days will only add to the backlog.
If you can’t remember your user name, it is still possible to recover your account. However, they can only search for an account using one of the following pieces of information:
- The EXACT user name for the account
- The email associated to the account (if one was provided when the account was created)
- Any of the registered pet Adoption Codes on the account
If you don’t remember any of this information, or if your account was deleted, please understand when Customer Support says they can’t help. They want to do everything they can to help people reconnect with their Webkinz pets, but there is nothing that can be done once they get beyond these technical and legal restrictions.
Also remember that if you wish to start a new account, you can now do so for FREE. It comes with a free virtual pet and a free 3-day Deluxe Membership trial.
If you restore an old account, please note that you will only have Free Player level access, no matter how many pets were adopted onto the account in the past. Adopting additional Webkinz pets onto your free account will unlock Full Membership. If you want access to all of the features and fun in Webkinz World, you can purchase a Deluxe Membership subscription. To learn more about the 3 different tiers of Webkinz membership, check out my earlier Special Report.
This has been Steve Webkinz reporting for Webkinz Newz! What would you like me to report on next? Let me know in the comments below.