If there’s one cookie that Sparky loves more than anything, it’s sugar cookies! These cookies are so versatile and easy to make – you’ll love them too!
What you need:
¾ cup butter (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Mixer or spoon
What you do:
1. Mix the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Add the flour and baking powder slowly and mix well.
3. Chill the dough for 1 hour.
4. Have your adult assistant heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface (make the dough about ¼ or ½ inch thick).
6. Cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
7. Put the cookies onto the cookie sheets.
8. Bake the cookies until slightly golden on top.
9. Have your adult assistant take them out and let them cool.
10. Decorate your cookies with a simple icing made of icing sugar and water (mix until it’s about the consistency of thick craft glue). Add food color or flavor, if you like.
11. When the icing is dry, package your cookies!