Polished Portfolio School of Design!

Home Forums Tips and Tricks – Archives Polished Portfolio School of Design!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  caribousmiles 11 years ago.

• Author

Welcome to the Polished Portfolio School of Interior Design! If you want to improve your designing skills, practice before applying for a job, or just can’t get enough design work, you’ve come to the right place! Every few days, I will post a lesson and an exercise. Complete the exercise, and I’ll grade it. But before you can start designing, you need to “enroll.” Just answer the following in a post- 1. Why do you want to design? 2. Have you designed professionally before? 3. Do you manage an outside forum? 4. How long do you wish to be enrolled? I will look over the applications. I will probably say yes, and allow you to enroll, but I might wish to place you in a class with others of your skill level. If I get enough people, I will provide several exercises for each lesson, one for each level. Have fun learning here at the P.P.S.I.D!

Anonymous

can i PLZ join with outfits? i’m a fashion fanatic! i help my mom choose her clothes. here is an i.e. of my designs; purple leggins, purple layer tee, and floppy pink sun hat. it looks cute on brown dog!

I suppose I should’ve made it clearer with the original post, but I AM NOT currently offering courses in clothing design. That does sound like a cute outfit, though! If you want to join for room design, I would happily accept you as soon as you apply. Thank you!

Hey caribousmiles!!!!! I hate to tell you this, but I think I will not continue lessons even though I have not started. I just don’t think I will have time. So sorry!! Hope you understand.

vick100

1. Why do you want to design? 2. Have you designed professionally before? 3. Do you manage an outside forum? 4. How long do you wish to be enrolled? 1. Because I’m good at it and I love it! 2. No. I have my own Forum but only one customer. 3. (I kinda answered that in 2.) 4.Until I have enough training that people will come to my forum. We’ll start off for a week and if I want more time i’ll let you know. :) ~Vick100~

You’ve been accepted, vick100! I’m going to ask that for a little while you do both class A and class B exercises, until I can figure out which class would be best. And don’t worry about grades– until you’re placed in a class, I’m only grading class B exercises for you. Go ahead and do lesson one, with exercises in Class A and Class B. Thanks!

Hello! Ok so for 1. hmmm well I love to draw, and designing is SO fun and they are both ways I can be artistic. 2. I have worked a a few different forums and own a couple. 3. What do you mean “outside forum”? I have a few forums such a The Clothing Shop, and Outfits, Room, and More! if that’s what you mean. 4. Well, I would like to do it for about 4 weeks. But I will be gone for one of those weeks. And if I decide I want to stop sooner I will let you know. Oh and how often are the lessons? I could probably do it one or twice a week because I have a lot of school. Btw awesome idea for a forum! -tyedyeducktape2

Okay, you’ve been accepted! I’m putting you in Class A. The lessons are going to be very regular, as soon as I get more students! It sounds like you’ve done a lot with outfits, and I’d like you to know that this is a ROOM design forum. But I look forward to seeing your designs! Go ahead and read Lesson 1, if you haven’t already, and get started on the Class A exercise (a throne room).

Okay, here’re the exercises for lesson one! Class B exercise: a fruit themed bedroom for 2000 kinzcash or less. Do not use only fruitland theme! Class A exercise: A throne room, centered around the color blue. The customer already has two columns from the ancient civilization theme. Pick something to be a throne. Keep the cost under 1500. Remember, if you want to do this exercise, you need to be enrolled first. I will be checking back several times every day. Please no more entries after a week from now.

It’s been a week, so I’m going to show the answers to the exercises, in order from a 3 to a 4+. This post is all the answers for the fruit room. Fruit room, at 3 level: Fruitland wallpaper, forest green flooring, apple bed, bloomin’ couch, bloomin’ comfy chair, bamboo plant. The problem with this room it that it’s not very fruit themed. For a level 4 fruit room: fruitland wallpaper, forest green flooring, apple bed, lime slice side table, gleaming green table, strawberry chair, bamboo plant, funky girl toy box. For a level 4+ room: fruitland wallpaper, forest green flooring, apple bed, lime slice side table, gleaming green table, strawberry chair, 2 modern windows. Soon, I will be posting the answers for the throne room.

Here’re answers for the Class A exercise, arranged with answers ranging from a level 3 to a level 4+. Level 3 throne room: Blue and white tiled flooring, royal blue wall paint, daedalus head dining chair, 2 modern windows, 2 corinthian trophy pedestals, sunburst wall clock. A Level 4 throne room: sea green tiled flooring, light sea green wall paint, 2 modern windows, stasis seat, 2 corinthian trophy pedestals. For a level 4+ room: light steel blue wall paint, sea green tiled flooring, 2 stained glass windows, stasis seat. Stay tuned for the next lesson!

The forum ‘Tips and Tricks – Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.