Hi! It’s Polly. I’m still baking up a storm for our Secret Santakinz exchange and today I am making MY favorite – Lemon Cookies!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
What you do:
- Have your adult assistant preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour. Make sure the ingredients are well-blended.
- On low speed, beat in flour just until blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.