URGENT: Keep Playing With the Desktop App!

Due to an issue beyond our control, as of January 1, 2021, Webkinz Classic will no longer work on browsers. The Flash plug-in, which is required for our site to run will not be supported by browsers after December 31, 2020.

The good news is that Webkinz Classic has a downloadable Desktop App that functions exactly the same way as our original site, but it doesn’t require a browser in order to play!

To make sure your play is uninterrupted, it’s important to download the Desktop App as soon as possible.

Ask your parents for help downloading the Desktop App and installing it on your computer.

Downloading the app is simple. Just visit the Webkinz homepage, and click one of the download buttons. There is a version for Windows and a version for Mac.

When the download has completed click on the wxsetup.exe in Windows or wxsetup.dmg on Mac in your Downloads folder and follow the prompts.

Once it is installed, you’re all set! You can continue to enjoy the same game you know and love!

And remember – you must install the Webkinz Classic Desktop App before January 2021 in order to enjoy uninterrupted play.

491 Responses to URGENT: Keep Playing With the Desktop App!

1. frozenanna2 says:

Hey guys! I’m open for suggestions for anyone that has issues with something. I’ll be here to help plmk if you guys need any

2. mandyp says:

Hiola, the app was working great, then suddenly when I hit play the login part doesn’t show up and I can’t log in…?! I have tried a number of times re-uploading the app, yes I cleared everything off first and emptied my cache. I have also just tried pushing the play button a number of times….any suggestions?!!

• frozenanna2 says:

Try restarting your computer, and/or Laptop, and if that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If that doesn’t work, disconnect from your internet, then reconnect, otherwise, contact webkinzsupport@ganz.com

• mandyp says:

Oh thank you for responding! I have done all those suggestions…..sigh….I will contact support, I know they have been back logged lately…. Thank you again!

• frozenanna2 says:

Happy to help mandyp! If you need anymore helping suggestions, plmk! I love helping people! If Webkinz fixes your problem, can you let me know? I don’t like to be worried about the players that are having trouble. So if they fix your issue, it will make me feel a lot better that your not having issues with your account! Thanks for trying my suggestions! Sometimes they work, but sometimes they don’t! Just don’t give up trying! This issue won’t stop unless you keep trying! Good luck! Webkinz will fix it don’t worry! They always do! I KNOW that this issue will come to an end! Good things come to those who wait!

• mandyp says:

Hiola frozenanna2, customer service was helpful and I tried all the things, fortunately with the update I was able to log back on! Whew! Not sure what happened but I hope it doesn’t happen again! Thank you for everything!