Hey Webkinz friends. Guess what? Amanda Panda totally figured out that I was faking feeling sick to avoid practicing for the St. Bernard Camp Games.
Aside from being TOTALLY embarrassed, I kind of feel better now that I don’t have to pretend anymore. In fact, Amanda had all kinds of good advice for me. Amanda likes being active, but she’s not HUGELY into sports. She said that if sports make me nervous, I should remember:
- The Camp Games ARE supposed to be fun. It’s not the end of the world if I goof up or trip on my own two feet.
- Not everyone is a professional athlete. The goal is to be active and stay healthy (and again, have fun), not win a championship.
- I’m good at lots of other things – even if I’m not GREAT at sports, I am GREAT at writing and drawing and singing. And being a good friend.
- You can always improve. Even if you’re not good at something right away, don’t give up. Friends are willing to help and the more you practice, the better you’ll get.
So, with all of that in mind, I decided I’d enter three events in the Games.
1. The obstacle course – this one is the scariest for me, because I’m sure I’ll fall. Amanda says it’s important to overcome my fears. So I’ll practice on this one a ton.
2. The archery tournament – Amanda said she’d help me learn to hit the target (even if I don’t get a bulls eye).
3. Rock paper scissors – I think this event was MADE for me – I’m great at this game!
I’m going to participate – and I’m going to practice ahead of time. I’ll tell you one thing – it’ll be WAAAAY more fun than sitting alone in the cabin!
Hm. That was a pretty boring story.
-Pebblespots out :D
So NOW Roberta’s participating!
good for you roberta!!!! well i wish you luck on the games
Way to go Roberta ! I knew you could do it,
Hooray for you, Roberta Rabbit!! I, too, like Rock, Paper, Scissors (though I am definitely not *good* at it! LOL!)
That’s the spirit! Good for you, Roberta! :) -Dawndrop*
This may sound silly, but when I was 4 and I did ballet, I wouldn’t play the freeze dance game. I was always so scared that I would get out. So I would sit out and watch everyone else have a great time. I really regret that. I feel like I can connect with Roberta though. Go Roberta! Go have fun! lol -SquirrelFlight ☻☻☻
Let me be one of the first people to say congrats!
There we go. That’s better. Even I don’t care for sports, but I played soccer for three years anyway.
Good for you Roberta! Rock, paper scissors? Well whatever you’re into do it I guess.. ~*+lynxlover+*
Good for you Roberta! Sports can be fun! :)
I have been in tap dancing and ballet dance classes for 10 years now! :D Its so fun, I luv it! Volley ball is super cool too!
:mrgreen: *Luv from LillyLuvie*
Good for you! Have fun! $~Addict502~$ :) ;) :p :lol: :mrgreen: :o :evil:
Yay!!!! Good Luck Roberta!